Early Bird Registration Deadline Friday, May 31stREGISTER
Early Bird Deadline
Join Us in Austin
The Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) and the ITE Texas District invite you to submit an abstract in support of the upcoming Joint ITE International and Texas District Annual Meeting and Exhibit. The program for the National Rural ITS Annual Conference will be integrated into the program for this meeting.
This year’s theme – Transportation Transformed – recognizes the profound change that our industry is currently facing and will be moving forward. ITE seeks abstracts that address the broad range of issues that underlie transportation’s transformative role in building vibrant, livable, and healthy communities.
The conference will provide participants a one-stop resource focusing on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) implementation in local communities and the opportunity to hear new and thoughtful perspectives from a wide variety of ITS topics. ITS improves transportation safety and mobility and enhances productivity by integrating advanced communication technologies into vehicles and infrastructure. In addition to traditional ITS topics of interest to transportation professionals, this event will bring together both traditional and non-traditional users to address such issues affecting rural and small communities including:
- Big Data – How Do Communities of All Sizes Use and Benefit?
- Building Effective Pedestrian and Bicycle Networks
- Communicating the Benefits of Transportation Technology Investments
- Complete Streets – Designing for All Users
- Designing for Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Developing a Transportation Workforce for the 21st Century
- Intersection Design and Signal Timing: Balancing Safety and Mobility
- Linking Transportation and Health
- Making Progress Toward Vision Zero Today
- Managing Speeds Through Better Design
- Railroad Grade Crossings – Safe as They Can Be?
- Rural and Small Community Traffic Management Technology
- Rural ITS Weather Applications
- Rural Traffic Incident and Emergency Response Technologies and Strategies
- Signs and Markings – Innovations That Work
- Smart Communities = Technology + People
- Trip and Parking Generation Applications – What’s New
- Using Technology to Manage Freight – From Urban Cores to Rural Corridors
- Using Transportation Technology to Support Tourism and Special Events
This conference accommodates a multitude of learning styles all designed to enhance and enrich your experience. The many different training and networking opportunities available through this event will provide participants with the tools necessary to effectively plan and deploy ITS technologies within their own jurisdictions.
Come to learn about creative ITS implementation solutions for your community. Public and private transportation, transit, tourism, enforcement, freight industry, public safety and medical service professionals engaged in the operations, maintenance, and use of our transportation system should attend this National Rural ITS Conference at the ITE and Texas District Annual Meeting and Exhibit in Austin, TX. Elected and appointed officials, business and community leaders and emergency responders and public safety personnel will contribute to the rich dialogue while learning about the technical challenges facing the transportation community.
Make your plans now to join us in Texas July 21-24 and join other thought leaders to make the National Rural ITS Conference at the ITE and Texas District Annual Meeting and Exhibit the best!