Come to the Valley of the Sun
The National Rural ITS and ITS Arizona Annual Conference + Exhibit was held October 21-24, 2018 at Fort McDowell, Arizona. The conference provided participants a one-stop resource focusing on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) implementation in local communities and the opportunity to hear new and thoughtful perspectives from a wide variety of ITS topics. Please go to the Program tab to the left to see presentations from the conference.
In addition to traditional ITS topics of interest to Arizona transportation professionals, this event brought together both traditional and non-traditional users to address such issues affecting rural and small communities including:
- Supporting Tourism and Special Events: Traveler Information, Parking and More…
- Connected Vehicle and Infrastructure Applications
- Rural ITS Weather Applications (Snow, Ice, Fog and Flood and Dust)
- Rural and Small Community Traffic Management Technology – Traffic Signals and More
- Rural Traffic Incident and Emergency Management Strategies
- Freight ITS in Rural Corridors
- Small Investments = Big Payoffs
- What Gets Measured, Gets Done: Performance Metrics
- Next Generation ITS Technology Today
- Big Data – All Communities Large and Small
- Urban | Rural and in between: ITS Planning and Innovative Project Funding
- Technologies to Support More Effective Emergency Response
- ITS Safety Initiatives
- Multimodal Transportation Technology (Light Rail, Bus, Bicycles, Pedestrians, Commuter Rail)
- Developing and Maintaining Public Sector Resources and Work Force
- Using Technology to Solve Tribal Transportation Issues
- Pedestrians and Accessibility: Is there ITS for That?
- Applications to Improve Reliability of Freeways and Arterial Operations
- How to Explain It: Communicating the Benefits of ITS
The many different training and networking opportunities available through this event provided participants with the tools necessary to effectively plan and deploy ITS technologies within their own jurisdictions.